Thursday, September 23, 2010

The moon is bright tonight

I have returned from my long sojourn into summer's fields, a land dotted with breakfast cereal and pop tarts, balloons and ball point pens, pencil sharpeners and packed lunches-- the land of children. Fortress children to be exact.
And now I have plunged into the icy waters of responsibility for my own future while holding some of theirs in my over-eager hands. School. Work. Fortress. Friends. Family. Socializing.
Of course, over all this goes God and my commitment to a real, working relationship with him. Life is so much more exciting these days.

Tonight, I wan to tell you about the night though. The nights when I waltz into the apartment and find my loving roommates have done the dishes for the day. The nights when my homecoming seems exciting for more than just me. Nights when we can amble around this beautiful campus and talk about anything and everything. I love the nights.

I love walking out from work and having a cool breeze skirl around my braid, pulling at my careful plait and my airy clothes. I love having clothes that flutter in the breeze. Looking up the the silky sky and finding a shimmering moon hovering above the prisma-color-clouds as a few stars burst from the confines of campus lighting, just for me to wish upon. Nights like tonight. Nights to be alone and write. Or sing. Or think. (go to www.ellakkat.blogspot.com to see the song I just composed for tonight.) Tonight, I want to be in love. And I am in Love.
Tonight sings of beauty and joy and love.
Tonight is a Narnia all my own.
Tonight is freedom.



Tell me, what do you love best about the day (full 24 hours)? Where is your freedom?

No comments:

Post a Comment