Saturday, November 13, 2010

Christmas is coming, it's practically here!

No, it's not too early! I love the holidays and they begin with Halloween around here.
I spent Halloween dressed up as Rouge (X-men: Rouge) and dancing to Thriller and the Monster Mash while wearing very high heeled boots. My apartment was decorated in pumpkins, Halloween Beanie Babies and Harry Potter stuffed-things. My snowy owl may return for Christmas as well. :)
And then, a week after Halloween, I cup up that lovely pumpkin and fall was here! With smells of roasting pumpkin, spice-coated pumpkin seeds, and other baked joys filling my apartment, it was time to break out the Tchaikovsky! The Nutcracker Suite and other holiday instrumental tunes were conducted with my wooden spoon whilst the yummy-ness cooked. And now I have four Pandora stations for the holidays. And they are amazing. I have begun making gingerbread and pumpkin bars and putting cinnamon in everything. And I am doing a small Christmas show! Also attending a few larger ones. 

My holiday excitement and celebration may seem premature, but I feel like we have so much to celebrate and enjoy and be thankful for. So I go and spread holiday cheer by singing loudly for all to hear! (Or just hum along with my iPod so not to annoy the less-festive folk.) :)
Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment